Below are some links to all things solar and space weather activity’s. I’ll add more as time permits.
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman Website
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman YouTube Channel
- Minor G1 geomagnetic storm July 10, 2019Its summer in the northern hemisphere and that means many of us are enjoying a well earned vacation. However, the same thing can be said about our Sun. She is taking it very easy with pretty much no noteworthy eruptions or other solar events to talk about during the past few weeks. We did have […]
- Coronal hole faces Earth May 26, 2019It's been a little while since we've last had some news for you. Ever since sunspot region 2740 and 2741 disappeared from the earth-facing solar disk, solar and auroral activity has truly tanked back to solar minimum levels with no solar events or geomagnetic activity worth mentioning. That changes today however as a coronal hole […]
- Strong G3 geomagnetic storm May 14, 2019Strong G3 geomagnetic storm conditions were observed earlier today as a coronal mass ejection arrived at our planet.
- Filament eruption, yet another CME May 13, 2019The sunspot regions that have been facing Earth the past few days are slowly disappearing but our Sun continues to launch coronal mass ejections into space. A filament eruption took place around 19 UTC yesterday evening near sunspot region 2741 and a coronal mass ejection managed to escape the Sun's gravity.
- Faint partial halo coronal mass ejection May 12, 2019Sunspot region 2740 has been much less active as it has been decayed the past few days. But that didn't mean it went totally quiet. A minor eruption near the this sunspot region took place around midnight UTC yesterday and launched a faint partial halo coronal mass ejection that could arrive at Earth in a […]
- CME passage, G1 geomagnetic storm May 11, 2019The minor G1 geomagnetic storm was reached earlier today at 02:20 UTC. This is caused by a coronal mass ejection passage that brings a persistent southward pointing magnetic field with it. This coronal mass ejection that we are seeing at Earth right now is likely the coronal mass ejection that we posted about on 8 […]