Below are some links to all things solar and space weather activity’s. I’ll add more as time permits.
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman Website
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman YouTube Channel
- DSCOVR not to come back online until early 2020 October 13, 2019As we have reported before, the real time solar wind monitoring satellite Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) which is located at the Sun-Earth L1 point is being kept in a safe hold at the moment. A glitch in its position system triggered the safe hold and that means it does not transmit any data back […]
- Coronal hole faces Earth, G1 watch September 25, 2019A familiar coronal hole is facing our planet today. You might remember this transequatorial coronal hole because it faced our planet at the end of August and caused moderate G2 geomagnetic storm conditions on 31 August and minor G1 geomagnetic storm conditions on 1 and 2 September.
- SpaceWeatherLive mobile app update September 14, 2019Happy birthday to the SpaceWeatherLive website and mobile application! Yes, our app celebrates its first birthday today and our website has completed lap number 11 around the Sun (well tomorrow to be more precise but who's counting) and what better way to celebrate than with an update and the introduction of two highly requested features!
- Coronal hole faces Earth, Strange solar wind data? August 28, 2019A T-shaped coronal hole is facing our planet today and sending a high speed solar wind stream towards our planet. High latitude sky watchers be alert for aurora in a few days time!
- Coronal hole faces Earth August 25, 2019A small but interesting southern hemisphere coronal hole is facing our planet today.
- Coronal hole faces Earth, G1 watch August 2, 2019The NOAA SWPC has issued a minor G1 geomagnetic storm watch for 5 August (Monday) due to a coronal hole that is facing our planet today.