Below are some links to all things solar and space weather activity’s. I’ll add more as time permits.
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman Website
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman YouTube Channel
A Bright Region Pair & An Earth-Directed Solar Storm | Space Weather News 01.27.2020
Multiple Storms Launch & Martian Ice Mining: Solar Storm Forecast 01-22-2020
Satellites Charge as Fast Solar Wind Approaches | Space Weather News 01.13.2020
An Earth-Directed Solar Storm & A Holy Grail | Space Weather News 01.06.2020
A Fleeting Sunspot & A Familiar Hole | Space Weather News 12-19-2019
Coronal Holes Weaken & Dust Towers on Mars: Solar Storm Forecast 12-11-2019
Q&A Live Mini Course: Solar Screams at Earth & Beyond— Part IV of Solar Flares & Radio Bursts
A Coronal Hole in the Strike Zone & A Meteor Explodes Over Wisconsin | Space Weather News 11.28.2019
Fast Wind Storms & Europa Plumes: Solar Storm Forecast 11-21-2019
Space Weather for TMRO Space News 11-13-2019
Solar Cycle 25 Stirs & Mercury Crosses the Sun | Space Weather News 11.07.2019
Three Times a Charm for Aurora: Solar Storm Forecast 10-31-2019
A Solar Storm Returns & a Polar Filament Erupts | Space Weather News 10.24.2019
Two Coronal Holes Keep Us in Suspense: Solar Storm Forecast 10-17-2019
Two Solar Cycles at Once & A Big Meteor Nearly Hits | Space Weather News 10.10.2019
A New Spot on the Sun & A Southern Coronal Hole | Space Weather News 10.03.2019
- Happy New Year! January 1, 2020Happy New Year everyone! Congratulations on surviving yet another trip around our Sun!
- Official Solar Cycle 25 Forecast Update December 10, 2019The NOAA/NASA Solar Cycle prediction panel has issued an official statement yesterday with news about the upcoming Solar Cycle 25.
- Welcome GOES-16! December 9, 2019Sharp eyes might have noticed a very abrupt drop on the solar X-rays graph today. What happened to the Sun? It went into cardiac arrest? Nope. Today, December 9, the NOAA SWPC has switched to GOES-16 as the primary satellite for geostationary space weather observations. What does that mean? Keep on reading!
- Coronal hole faces Earth November 18, 2019A familiar coronal hole is facing our planet today. This is indeed the coronal hole that has been the source of quite a few geomagnetic storms during the past few months.
- Cycle 25 sunspot region, Coronal hole faces Earth November 13, 2019A small sunspot region has rotated into view on the south-east limb. No big deal you say? Well... it might be a sign of things to come! More on that later. We also have a southern hemisphere coronal hole facing our planet today which could spark some high latitude aurora in a few days time. […]
- Coronal hole faces Earth, G1 watch October 22, 2019A large coronal hole is facing our planet today. Most of you might remember this coronal hole as it is the same coronal hole that faced our planet on 28 August and 24 September. This coronal hole has always been a reliable source for geomagnetic storm activity a few days later. What can we expect […]