Below are some links to all things solar and space weather activity’s. I’ll add more as time permits.
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman Website
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman YouTube Channel
Space Weather Live – News
New Bright Signs of Cycle 25 | Solar Storm Forecast 04.07.2020
Q&A Mini-Course: The Invisible Killer — Radiation Storms From the Sun & Beyond (Part 2)
The Sun Blows a Smoke Ring | Space Weather News 03.24.2020
The Sun Flares for Cycle 25 | Solar Storm Forecast 03.19.2020
Stealthy Solar Storm on its Way | Space Weather News 03.06.2020
Solar Wind Pockets & Solar Orbiter Surprise | Solar Storm Forecast 02.28.2020
Q&A Mini-Course: The Invisible Killer— Radiation Storms from the Sun & Beyond (PartI)
A Mini Solar Storm with a Fast Wind Chaser | Space Weather News 02.20.2020
One Storm Down, One to Go: Solar Storm Forecast 02-05-2020
A Bright Region Pair & An Earth-Directed Solar Storm | Space Weather News 01.27.2020
Multiple Storms Launch & Martian Ice Mining: Solar Storm Forecast 01-22-2020
Satellites Charge as Fast Solar Wind Approaches | Space Weather News 01.13.2020
An Earth-Directed Solar Storm & A Holy Grail | Space Weather News 01.06.2020
A Fleeting Sunspot & A Familiar Hole | Space Weather News 12-19-2019
Coronal Holes Weaken & Dust Towers on Mars: Solar Storm Forecast 12-11-2019
Q&A Live Mini Course: Solar Screams at Earth & Beyond— Part IV of Solar Flares & Radio Bursts
- April... The month of solar minimum? March 31, 2020Hello everyone and welcome to April. Could this month be a turn around point for us solar watchers? Is Solar Cycle 25 about to start? Understandable questions which we will shed some light on later in this article.
- Welcome back DSCOVR! March 2, 2020Some great news to kick of the new month with! NOAA's Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) satellite is fully operational again!
- Coronal hole faces Earth February 28, 2020Space weather has been relatively uneventful this week. Our Sun is quiet as we are close to solar minimum. No sunspot regions could be found on the earth-facing solar disk this week. We do see two small bright regions on STEREO Ahead but they look small and inactive. When it comes to auroral activity we […]
- Solar Orbiter successfully launched into space February 10, 2020An American Atlas V rocket has successfully launched the European Solar Orbiter satellite into space during the early hours of 10 February. This unmanned space probe is Europe's newest solar observatory which will start to study our Sun in just under two years from now. Its main mission is set to begin in November of […]
- Coronal hole, Transit to Solar Cycle 25 February 8, 2020A coronal hole is facing our planet today. It is a slim southern extension of the northern hemisphere polar coronal hole. The effects of this coronal hole could reach Earth on Monday (10 February) as a high speed solar wind stream could sweep past our planet and spark some more high latitude aurora displays.
- Happy New Year! January 1, 2020Happy New Year everyone! Congratulations on surviving yet another trip around our Sun!