Below are some links to all things solar and space weather activity’s. I’ll add more as time permits.
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman Website
Dr. Tamitha Skov – Space Weather Woman YouTube Channel
Space Weather Live – News
Two Solar Storms, One Hits Earth | Space Weather News 07.14.2020
Sunspot Death Throes of Cycle 24 | Solar Storm Forecast 07.05.2020
A Snake-like Filament Hangs While A Solar Storm Launches | Space Weather News 06.25.2020
The Sun's Ring of Fire Eclipse & Sundiving Comets | Space Weather News 06.20.2020
A Solar Storm Nearly Clips Parker Solar Probe | Solar Storm Forecast 06.12.2020
Big Flares & A Solar Storm Hits During SpaceX Astronaut Launch | Space Weather News 05.29.2020
Comet ATLAS Crosses Solar Orbiter & a SWAN | Space Weather News 05.26.2020
Bright Region Fireworks & Chance for Aurora | Solar Storm Forecast 05.18.2020
The Invisible Killer— Radiation Storms from the Sun & Beyond (Part 3)
A Solar Storm, Comets ATLAS & SWAN, and a Shower | Space Weather News 04.23.2020
A Stealthy Solar Storm and a Meteor Shower | Space Weather News 04.17.2020
New Bright Signs of Cycle 25 | Solar Storm Forecast 04.07.2020
Q&A Mini-Course: The Invisible Killer — Radiation Storms From the Sun & Beyond (Part 2)
The Sun Blows a Smoke Ring | Space Weather News 03.24.2020
The Sun Flares for Cycle 25 | Solar Storm Forecast 03.19.2020
Stealthy Solar Storm on its Way | Space Weather News 03.06.2020
- Have we passed solar minimum? May 31, 2020The recent M-class solar flare from a sunspot region that belongs to Solar Cycle 25 was a wake up call for everyone who keeps an eye on the weather in space. Who would have thought that we would see an M-class solar flare while we are so close to solar minimum? Not many of us […]
- Yesterday's M-flare producing active region rotates into view May 30, 2020The sunspot region that was responsible yesterday for what could be the first M-class solar flare of Solar Cycle 25 has now rotated into view.
- First M-class solar flare of a Solar Cycle 25 region! May 29, 2020925 days. That is the amount of time we had to wait since we last saw a M-class solar flare on the Sun. But today the wait is over. An impulsive M1.19 solar flare (minor R1 radio blackout) took place on our Sun this morning peaking at 07:24 UTC. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory seems to […]
- Time flies... Roll on Solar Cycle 25...? May 4, 2020Time flies. Another month has passed and summer along with shorter nights is closing in for us northern hemisphere sky watchers.
- G1 geomagnetic storm, Coronal hole faces Earth April 21, 2020Some unexpected action yesterday! The minor G1 geomagnetic storm threshold was reached on two occasions yesterday (10:44 UTC and 14:18 UTC) and a coronal hole faced our planet! Where did this mysterious geomagnetic storm come from and what can we expect from the earth-facing coronal hole? Keep on reading to find out.
- April... The month of solar minimum? March 31, 2020Hello everyone and welcome to April. Could this month be a turn around point for us solar watchers? Is Solar Cycle 25 about to start? Understandable questions which we will shed some light on later in this article.